Saturday, March 31, 2007

10 More Random Things

1. With no TV, we watch a lot of TV courtesy of borrowed DVD's of the British Office and downloading shows on I-Tunes. The good of that is that you can watch the most hilarious points of The Office over and over again. The bad of that is that you can get stuck on one of those serialized vaguely mysterious shows (Lost, Heroes, Battlestar Galactica) over and over again looking for clues. Battlestar Galactica concluded its season last week and I have seen the last episode now 4 times trying to figure out exactly who the final cylon is.


2. Simon's digestive system continues to amaze. I swear if you compare food consumed to what he leaves around the house, the poop outnumbers the food by a factor of at least two. With no TV, these are the things I notice.


3. Humidity is not, nor ever has been, my friend. I somehow imagined that a bunch of wool suits would be the perfect court outfits for the south. I may start winning cases only because the jury is worried I am going to pass out from dehydration.

4. XM radio's customer service stinks. As in you are on hold for 45 minutes and then they tell you to unplug the machine and plug it back in again. As I was on hold for 45 minutes I had already done that like five times. Their follow up advice? Umm, get a new one. Thanks XM.

5. The judge I am in front of is convinced that I am going out of town to celebrate Easter, and I don't want to tell him that I never really did much for celebrating the re-birth. It's kind of like the time in law school my Constitutional Law professor assumed I celebrated passover and when I told him that I wasn't Jewish he looked like I just told him the Bill of Rights was for wusses.

6. The office down here decided to have a softball team. In the spirit of getting to know my officemates I decided to play. Except most of the team showed up in cleats with their own bats and batting gloves and were, well, much better than I was. Next time I am going to be the designated mascot.

7. The beignet should absolutely take over as the post-cheesesteak dessert. Pat's and Geno's should sell it in the booth with the cheese fries and drinks.

8. I have never seen more people out in suits on a Saturday night. You could be at some random divey bar and some guy is going to walk in wearing a blue suit, white shirt and broad striped tie. Not in an ironic "I am a southern gentleman way". More in a "no really I am an unironic southern gentleman" Maybe there's a story out there about how Katrina limited the drinking options so much that everybody's gotta share the same bar stools, but it's kind of weird to see.

9. They have praline encrusted bacon topped with brown sugar. I have no idea why this hasn't taken over the country. Then again I am the guy who is CONVINCED that if you had bacon flavored candles they would sell like mad.

10. If there was a way to combine TV shows the wire and battlestar galactica, I would never watch any other TV.

2 comments:

DawnSomewhere said...

Someone at the Post-Dispatch received a bacon-scented candle once. It smelled so disgusting, even unlit, that days after it left the premises, the scent of pig fat lingered. So I'm thinking bacon-flavored candy may not be the best option. Unless, they are coated with praline and brown sugar.

Anonymous said...

JB-

Your butt had better be at some Philadelphia defender games this summer...